Monday, April 11, 2011

On bended knee



I recently got engaged on December 25, 2010.

It was probably the most surprising and exciting moment to date!


I woke up Christmas morning to my boyfriend's mom's voice at about 6:30am. I sprung up sooo excited for the day and to spend time with my AMAZING boyfriend... who i hadn't seen or really even talked to since he left for ministry school in August.

I ran out of my room into the living room where the tree was, with what looked like HUNDREDS of presents were perfectly (and imperfectly) wrapped. All of us started unwrapping our gifts from one another with anticipation on our faces. The wonder and curiosity we had when we were children instantly came back full force. "Oh wow", "Thank you!", "Awesome!", " You're welcome" were being said in between the sounds of ripped papers and struggles through tape. The floor was completely covered in boxes, red & green wrapping paper, toys, and gifts. We were getting to the last gifts and i was looking at all the wonderful things we had received. As i relaxed on the couch my boyfriend gets up and grabs a little bag with a bow from the top of the tree. He hands it to me and sits on the edge of the coach with anticipation. His mom, in all the commotion, had forgotten the camera and stops me right has i pull out a little jewelry box.
The camera is set, and i see my boyfriend on his knee as i open the tiny maroon-colored velvet box. I read the tiny piece of paper that so sweetly and simply asks "will you marry me?". I was in complete and utter shock and amazement. This was NOT what i expected to happen this Christmas. After a few seconds i say yes and hug him with tears in my eyes. My wonderful boyfriend (well then Fiance. hehe) places the ring on my finger and all i can do is hug him and smile.

A moment i had waited and prayed for my entire life FINALLY became a reality. And reality is soo much better then a dream!

So the date is set for August and planning is now in action. After Christmas break, my Fiance ( hehehe) had to go back to finish up his ministry school and will be home in one month!

Looking back on our relationship and all that we have been through i can't help but smile and praise God. We went through some tough stuff (the long distance probably being the toughest) but we were able to get through it, heads held high. I can happily say that i have found the one whom my soul loves (Song of Solomon 3:4). (:

Engagements and love. - M


♥ . ♥ . ♥



No comments: