Wednesday, May 9, 2012

25th day of birth

This was me a little over 25 years ago. WOW! 25 years! A quarter of a century. 

Yesterday was my birthday.

I love birthdays. I love holidays. I love anniversaries. I truly enjoy celebrating people. Even if it is not a HUGE blow out party I like doing something to make the other person feel special.

After working all day long, outside, my husband was still able to come home and celebrate me.

He bought me my first wife birthday card.
 And replaced my espresso maker. (My sister got me/us one for Christmas but in the move - - it died. )

 I made a wish while blowing out candles on a cookies and cream cupcake.


Martin enjoyed a strawberry cupcake (his favorite).

It was the simplest birthday I think I have ever had but I loved it.

Earlier in the day my friend took me out to this fun pizza buffet place. It had tons of different types of pizza (including buffalo wing and loaded baked potato!). She bought me a beautiful mug made in Italy and some delicious Italian biscuit/cookies.

I think that it is so important to celebrate each other. To rejoice with them. To tell them "hey! I am happy that you are in my life."  It does not have to cost a lot or even take a lot of time. It just needs to be sincere.



I tend to reflect a lot when my birthday is approaching. (Just like last year) I like to think about where I am at in life and where I thought I would be.
Sometimes I can get down on myself for not doing A,B, and C. Or for being a certain age and not accomplishing certain things that my peers are accomplishing. For not being who society THINKS I should be.
BUT....... when I think about where I am at... apart from other opinions, previous goals, or statistics I am so proud of my life.
I am happy where I am at. (: Yes, I will keep moving forward - learning and growing. But I refuse to allow anything to take what is mine - joy.


 So celebrate someone in your life and find the joy that is yours!

birthday wishes coming true and love. - Monica

♥ . ♥ . ♥


No comments: