Monday, April 22, 2013

Positivity

Hi lovelies!

I received an email from a friend last night asking for some advice and prayer.
I was happy to pray for her because I want to always be an encourager and point everyone in my life to Christ.

My friend mentioned to me that on my blog it seems like I "have it all together."


This really got me thinking because I don't want ANYONE leaving my blog thinking that I don't struggle or that everything in my life is where it should be.
I don't write about my issues, insecurities, arguments with husby, or other negative things for privacy of my family and because I want to focus on the good and not the bad. I would rather share positivity then to give negativity.
Lovelies, I never want ANY of you to leave my blog feeling upset, jealous, or more depressed.
I want you to leave feeling encouraged, awakened, inspired, and loved!

I know lately my blog has been filled with baby updates and less about what is going on in my heart and {here is some honesty} it's because I am struggling currently. I am needing some breakthrough in my heart that I know will come.
Please know that I do NOT have it all together - far from it! Ha.

Husby and I argue like every other couple. Sometimes I say things I don't mean and often have to repent to him.
Occasionally we struggle financially - but God still provides our every need in one way or another!
With my growing and changing body I often struggle with my appearance.
And yes, sometimes I feel far from God's voice.

I know that we can go to someone's blog and think, "gosh, their lives are so perfect! They have x,y,z and I don't."
But remember, lovelies, we don't see every aspect of their lives.
- . - . -
I have made it a point in my social media life {and real life too} to not be negative about ANYTHING.
When Husby and I argue I don't run to Facebook or twitter to "vent".
I don't complain about my life or my pregnancy on here or anywhere else.
I try my best to ALWAYS see the beauty in life and reveal the goodness to the world.

That doesn't mean I don't have moments where I am so mad at my husband that I could bad mouth him, or so frustrated with my stretch marks that I could cry -- it just means that I don't focus on that and i don't bring everyone else into the discussion.

My husband and I always work it out. I work through my insecurities and frustrations. And what I have left behind in this social media world was happiness and positivity.

I know, for me, when someone is joyful it makes me feel joyful. But when someone is negative then I start to feel that way too. My hope is that when people encounter me {in real life, on social media, and on my blog} that they would feel the joy I have in my heart because of Jesus. That's the legacy I hope to leave behind. I am not perfect in this but I will not give up.

So, friends, if you are struggling - know that you are not alone! I am praying for you and with you! Don't envy someone else's life and take joy in the life you are given! Your breakthrough is coming because our God ALWAYS fulfills His promises! You are blessed because you have Jesus and His grace, mercy, and joy are new every morning!

Positivity and love. - Monica

1 comment:

Mrs. M ~ a.k.a. ~ April said...

Amen! and Amen! You are being real and I appreciate that you choose to be joyful in your posts without being fake.
And YES God does fulfill his promises!
I can't wait to share what He has been doing in our lives in the next couple of weeks!

{HUGS}