Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bumpdate {26 weeks} and sharing my heart

Happy Wednesday!!!

I have been having such a sweet sweet time with The Lord lately.
I have been reading the SheReadsTruth devotional and participating in the Overcome The Lie challenge and its been really changing me!

I have noticed some things in me that needed to change and I am just so joyful.
Since moving here to Alabama {and probably even before} I have been putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on my husband for my spiritual walk with The Lord. I was, in a way, putting my husband as Jesus. I would run to husby instead of crying out to God. And since I put so much pressure on him -- when husby would struggle then I would struggle.

Now, I believe with my whole heart that the husband is called to be the spiritual leader..... But not the spiritual source! We, as wives and women of God, need to rely on The Lord. He is our one true source. HE is our savior. I am changing my heart in that area and running to God.

So that's a little bit of my heart.

Now for a bumpdate -


How Far along: 26w5d (yesterday) almost the third trimester!

Size Of Baby: baby v was over 2 pounds at our appointment last week. My baby app says he is the size of a cucumber (15 inches).

Maternity Clothes: husby bought me two more summer dresses!
None of my clothes are "maternity" clothes.... But just breathable and flexible clothes that I wear with a belt to show off the bump.

Stretch Marks: oh ya!!!!! Tons and tons!

Weight Gain: I actually didn't weigh myself this week but my guess would be.... 18 pounds.

Sleep: last night was bad! I didn't sleep at all and was to hungry to fall back asleep this morning. I am thinking of coming up with a evening routine to prepare my body for sleep.

Best Moment of the Week: husby feeling baby v kick!!! It still puts a smile on my face when I think about it.

Movement: lots and lots! It's such a joy to feel him.

Cravings: crepes!! Mmm! I finally made some last weekend.

Gender: all boy

Belly Button In or Out: in between... But on its way out lol

Wedding Ring on or Off: still not wearing it unless I go out.

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: not a thing

What I Miss: sleeping on my back. Some nights I just want to sleep on my back but once I do, I feel like I am getting crushed by baby lol.

What I am Looking Forward to: I think we are going to paint the nursery this weekend and set up the crib!!!!

Nursery: blue and brown all the way!!! And I bought some wooden letters to spell out his name. Still trying to come up with more creative ideas.

Emotions: this week I have just been falling so in love with this baby boy! I am just so so excited! It's getting a little scary because time is just going by so so fast! But I am still so excited to see my little guy!

What baby is up to: baby v is opening and closing his eyes! He also gets hiccups and I can feel them! His immune system is rapidly developing too! He is our little world changer!!!

Baby bumps and love. - Monica




5 comments:

Mrs. M ~ a.k.a. ~ April said...

Precious! What you shared from your heart is what I feel like God has been speaking to my heart also. It's so true! Sometimes (more than I care to count) I have put these expectations on my husbands verbally or none about our spiritual walk. God just keeps on saying, walk with Me, look at Me. He wants me to cry out to Him. I'm learning ever so slowly but I'm glad He doesn't give up on us.

Yay for growing, moving, baby boy!

Mrs. M ~ a.k.a. ~ April said...

I meant husband! I only have one :)

Anonymous said...

I love the updates!! I know you say that time will start to fly by for me (and if I really think about it, I always can't believe it's time for ANOTHER bumpdate each week)...but I am so so so so excited to get to the point where I am experiencing all the fun things you are...namely, just FEELING the baby!! And I will also feel better once we get the gender confirmed (: lol

Callie said...

You look adorable, and I love what you said about our husbands being the spiritual leader but not the spiritual source - good thoughts!

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

I follow you on Instagram! Love your blog and can't wait to follow your pregnancy on here too :)