Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1st day of Lent

So when i decided to do this 40-day fast... i didn't even realize that it was Lent. He he. :)

Today is my first day of self-denial of coffee and sweets... and its been a good day to far. I read my devotional and listened to Bethel worship on my phone while getting ready for work. They sang 'Be Thou My Vision', which was the song that was playing while my husband and i took communion at our wedding... so obviously its close to my heart.

My prayer for today:
 God, be my vision! I pray that i never ever lose sight of who You are and who You have made me! With each day that passes i pray that i continue to get closer and closer to You and closer and closer to the realization of who i am! Once again, i surrender my all and i give you all the praise and the glory! Holy Spirit, guide me. Show me ways that i can represent Jesus in everything that i do.
 Father, i want to see with YOUR eyes. I want to love what You love and hate what You hate.
In Jesus Name - Amen!

clearer vision, growth, and love. - Monica
♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: