Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Well.. life has been soo crazy lately!

car problems. work. bills. life! hehe.

Everything is finally settling down and i feel like i can breathe (and live) again.

We did have a fun-filled weekend though! Martin, my sister-in-law, and i had a movie day on Saturday. We went to Red Robin and got lunch, hung out at the house for awhile, and then headed out to see 'Machine Gun Preacher' at the "dollar theater". It was really sad.. and based on a true story (which makes it even more sad)!
After that we rushed over to the other theater and watched 'Safe House'. The movie started at 10pm and i will be lying if i said i didn't doze off a few times.
The next morning Martin and i got up and headed out for church. After church we went to see 'The Vow'.
That was also a sad movie based on true events! But... oh... it just made me want to be true to the vows i made almost 6 months ago! 
That night i made a delicious dinner of steak and garlic shrimp sauce while i rocked a scrunchie while cooking.


 Dinner was sooo good!!! Mmmmm... and then i made pink strawberry cupcakes for dessert. 

I truly love going all out for holidays. I love making themed foods (the first time i met Martin's family.. it was St. Patricks day.. and so i brought over green mint chocolate chip cookies). I love making it special and memorable! I know i will do this forever! hehe. Hopefully i will still have the energy and time. 
I made Martin a gift... i found it on pinterest. (follow me on there pinterest.com/monicamv ) 
I made him a '52 reasons why i love you' card deck book. 
It was really easy to make!!! 
Write down (or type) 52 different reasons why you love your spouse (or mom, or sibling, or child), hole punch a deck of cards, glue the reasons on the card, and put it together with a binder clip (or ribbon). 
I added little pictures of us, sayings, and bible verses to the backs so that each page had something. And here is how it came out. 











And that was it! hehe. :) 
He sent me my favorite flower to work today! 

No matter if you are single, married, complicated, divorced, or not even interested... i pray that love will surround you not only on February 14th.. but all year through!!! 

love, love, and more love. - Monica
♥ . ♥. ♥ 

No comments: