Thursday, February 23, 2012

forgiveness

Well.. last night was a not-so-smiley moment for me. I even shock myself sometimes with my behavior.

I got home from work and my husband intended to be sweet and welcomed me home from my long 8 hour day of work. Insecurities, anxiety, and just plain tiredness overwhelmed me and i started an argument with my husband. Not my proudest moment.

This morning... after "sleeping it off" i woke up in complete shame and mostly embarrassment for the way i reacted. We BOTH apologized for not handling the situation better and it opened up to some beautiful discussion between the two of us.

I am soo glad that i am in a marriage where we can overcome. Overcome an argument. Overcome our pride. Overcome hurt feelings. We can still forgive time and time again because we are forgiven.

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. 
Ephesians 4:32

I am thankful to the Lord DAILY that He has forgiven my sins (and the sins to come). I am an imperfect person but He still loves me. And i am an imperfect wife but my husband still loves me (and i love him). We are still learning and growing and i am sooo thankful that we get to do it together.



My prayer for today:
God, thank You for Your grace, mercy, and forgiveness. I am a sinner and i and soo thankful for Jesus dying on the cross to wash me clean. You see me as clean and pure. Father, thank you for a husband who can forgive the way that You forgive and teach me to do this also. Speak to my heart and help me to learn more and more about forgiveness. Lord, give me eyes to see my husband the way that you see him and give him eyes to see me the way that you see me. Help us to grow more in love with each other and to You.
In Jesus Name - AMEN!

forgiveness and love. - Monica
♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: