Monday, April 30, 2012

Super Wife to the Rescue!

Saturday, after Martin worked all day, we had our friends and their kids over for dinner. After pizza and homemade no bake cheesecake we walked the Pier for a few hours. It was so much fun.

Sunday consisted of way to many errands in the morning (including... dun dun dun... laundry!) and lounging around for the remainder of the day.

You can pretty much imagine what my Monday was like - cleaning the entire house! So I woke up at 6am watched a few shows, ate breakfast, did pilates on Netflix, showered and started cleaning away.

Okay, I am not a clean freak AT ALL but I do like a clean-ER house. I can't feel truly relaxed watching a movie when I know I have a sink full of dishes from dinner.
This drives my husband insane! He likes to eat dinner, watch a movie, and clean the kitchen later..or tomorrow. I like to eat dinner, clean the entire kitchen, and then relax. Many times in our apartment in California, Martin would start a movie during dinner and I would get up in the middle of the movie (after I was done eating) and would start to clean the kitchen. Now, I KNEW I was being rude but I just could not enjoy the movie with my dirty dishes on the table and the leftovers not put away.
Marriage is a compromise. So.. I am trying.

I successfully went to sleep with TWO sinks full of dishes and all of our laundry unfolded (eh.. not happy we did that, but we were soo ready to just relax. We said we would "fold it later" but it never happened).

Here is what some of my house looked like before (I cleaned both of the bedrooms too.. but didn't take pictures):





And this is what the rooms looked like after Super Wife (who has a messy top knot, hello kitty slippers, polka dot apron, and pink & zebra gloves) got to them:








Then I folded all of our laundry while watching Giuliana & Bill on Netflix.




I made my husband's lunch (with an encouraging note) and set the coffee for the morning right after I paid our credit card and changed all of our insurance from California to Alabama.

Yup, I really feel like a Super Wife! Not all days are like this... and I know I will have a lazy day again but today it felt good. (:


Sending you lots of motivation and love. - Monica
♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: