Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2 weeks!

Today is a very special day for me! Today marks 2 weeks until my Fiance is home from his ministry school!!!! (: i can hardly contain my excitement! I cannot believe that this season is almost over!

My Fiance has been away since August and i miss him sooo much! The last time that i have seen him was for his Christmas break! SOOOO crazy!

Since we have not seen each other in so long and we have both gone through so much, i believe that we are given this beautiful opportunity to get to know each other all over again! (:
The Lord has been working in our lives together and separately. I cannot wait to hear all my Fiance's stories of school and what he has learned there, as well as share with him what i have been up to. We will have 3 months before the wedding to just spend time together and rekindle the love that we have for each other.

This hiatus time has been good and hard. We have had this time apart to be able to work on ourselves. Work on the insecurities we might have had. Work on our relationships with God. I think that it is important to feel secure with yourself before joining together as one with someone else.

I am sure everyone in the English-speaking world has seen the scene in Jerry Maguire where Tom Cruise is confessing how he feels to Renee Zellweger with the infamous line of "you complete me." Which is a really sweet sentiment, it truly is. Even in the Bible we are taught about completion between husband and wife. Genesis 2:24 - "For this reason a man shall leave his mother and father, and be joined to his wife ; and they shall become one flesh." Which i LOVE...on my invites it says "as they join together as one".
I believe, though, being whole on your own is important. After all two broken pieces doesn't make it complete...its missing pieces! We needed to fill in those pieces before we are joined together as one flesh.

 It was important before we got married  that our relationship with God be the first priority. That is what this past season was. We were not ignoring OUR relationship...but taking time for our relationship with God. We both grew sooo much in this season. We learned things about ourselves that NEEDED to be changed before we got married. We realized our insecurities that could have caused problems in our upcoming marriage and we began (and still are) working on them with God. And you know what? Not only did our trust grow for each other (and our trust in God) but our love grew too.
Even though i never saw my Fiance and scarcely talked, my love for him never ceased....it only grew! I am confident that i am even more in love with this man then i was 9 months ago when he first left.

This was a test in our relationship and we passed with flying colors. I am confident that we can get through anything together! I know that marriage takes time, work, patience, communication, and endurance.... but i know we can get through it! (: God knocked out our faulty foundation to build a solid foundation in Christ and now its just time to build everything from that.

Foundations and love. - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: