Monday, May 2, 2011

No one ever overdosed from encouragement.

Oh how i LOVE my pastor. (: He is an amazing man of God and is soo inspirational and real. (:
I always think it would be hard for me to ever move because of the church that i attend. After all, its one of the main reasons why i moved here.

Yesterday my pastor said something that just resonated with me so much. He said "no one ever overdosed from encouragement." It was such a minor statement and not even a point he was making in his sermon, but it spoke to my heart. How many of us need to be encouraged?

What does encouraging someone look like exactly? How is it displayed?

The dictionary defines encouragement as: 1) to inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence 2) to stimulate by assistance or approval 3)to promote, advance, or foster.
To inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence. Wow! What a thought. To encourage a person is to inspire them to their full potential. To breathe life to a place that may be gasping for air. Encouragement is bringing about courage in an area in another person that may be feeling fearful.

I know when i am encouraged in any area.... i instantly feel awake and alive. If this person can believe in me... then maybe i can!

And maybe we need to encourage ourselves. There is nothing wrong with that. This is one thing i learned from a little engine that could - i think i can, i think i can, i think i can.

After hearing that phrase at church yesterday i started to think about all the people that i encourage, and i realized i need to do it more. I want to inspire people to go after what they love. I want to encourage people to dream and live. I wish to bring about life and courage to people that i am in contact with. This is my heart. (:

There is not a person that can be encourage to much. It can never hurt, only help. (:

Encouraging words and love - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: