Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In Laws and Smiles

Today is my Friday and i am SOOO ready for the weekend! I have only worked 3 days in a row this week... but it still wears me out. lol. Pathetic, i know.
I've even been working my favorite shift and getting off at 3pm, (sooo much better then getting off at way-to-late-oclock!)  but when the weekend approaches i ALWAYS feel completely ready for it. (;

I think that this weekend is going to be my most favorite! Tomorrow i should be going to see the new Tyler Perry movie with my future mother-in-law and future sister-in-law. (: It will be sooo fun! Then Sunday is mother's day AANNNDDDD my birthday!!!! hooray! My future mother-in-law texted (yes...i know its not a word...but i say it!) me today asking me what i want for to have for dinner for my birthday. She said that i could have anything i want!!!! So i choose some delicious homemade chicken alfredo (it is my FAVORITE that she makes!) and some brownies for dessert.

I love that i have such a wonderful relationship with my future mother-in-law because in talking to other brides (and perusing on theknot.com) a lot of women don't. There is a lot of arguing, stepping over boundaries, and just not good relationships. its sad! I mean c'mon they devoted a whole movie (Monster-in-law starring Jennifer Lopez, Jane Fonda, and Michael Vartan) about bad relationships between the bride and the mother of the groom. How sad! its like expected that you will not get along with the mother-in-law.

I am sooo blessed that this isn't the case with me.  I get along with my future mother-in-law wonderfully! Because my Fiance went away to school for 9 months and i was living his family, i gott to know his family and his mom not as the son's gf (or Fiance) but as myself. As a person. As a daughter. A lot of brides get to know the mom-in-life as the son's wife....not as the individual, you know? I developed a relationship with my future mother-in-law apart from my future husband. I think this was important to me to have.

I am just soo overjoyed that i have my future mother-in-law. (: It makes my heart happy!

wonderful relationships and love - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: