Saturday, September 17, 2011

pasta for a week.

Well its 10:00pm on Saturday night and i am sitting in my apartment watching a marathon of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on Food Network.

Yup, my husband couldn't come home tonight after all. They did not get off work until after 6pm and they are 5 hours away and were too tired to drive home. :( So... (hopefully) he will be home tomorrow.

Before i knew if he was coming home or not i decided to cook dinner that i knew he would like and that would last even if he didn't come home until super late. I made delicious bow tie pasta with chicken, broccoli and alfredo sauce. It was very good but i think  know that i maybe went a little overboard.

I have a lot of left overs! I dont think i will need to cook for awhile. hehe.

oh well... at least no matter when or what time my husband comes home... there is PLENTY of food here for him!

I have ALOT of respect for people who are in a constant long distance marriage (with spouses who travel for work, military, and school). This is sooo much harder then i thought it would be. I mean we did long distance while we were dating... but it SOOO much harder now that we are married. He has been gone for 8 days... i cant imagine those wives who cant see their husbands for 8 months! My heart goes out to all of you.

Also.. i soaked my fingernails in acetone nailpolish for an ENTIRE 30 minute show... and i FINALLY got all my fake nails off (from my wedding!). hooray!! They look TERRIBLE... but i am glad they are off!



pasta, needing a manicure, and love - M

♥. ♥ . ♥

No comments: