Monday, September 26, 2011

writing my story

Well i have recently started journaling again. I LOVE it! i used to journal all of the time and i loved it. But when i started planning my wedding.. i stopped. The other day i decided to pick up my pen and composition notebook and jot down what i am feeling and going through again.

Journaling has always helped me process how i am feeling, remember what i have gone through, encouraged me to keep going, and to see what God has done in my life, and reminds me of His promises. I think its important for me to journal and its something i truly enjoy.

I think that EVERYONE should journal.. and when my husband and i were first started dating i even bought him a nice journal to write in. I told him it was his turn to write HIS story. I believe that everyone has a story to tell.. and you never know when and who will need to hear it. We may not think it is interesting... but someone may find it intriguing and can even HELP them in whatever situation.

I am VERY real and honest in my journal. i do not sugar coat or embellish what i am going through or how i am feeling. I write when i am happy... and when i am sad... and every emotion in between. (: I want to be able to look back on it in the future and see how i became the woman i am THEN. (: I look back on my journals from a few years ago (like before i met my husband) and its soo amazing to see what i have gone through and what i was feeling... and such. (:

I encourage everyone to journal and write your story... even if you are the only one who reads it... its nice to see how you've grown and changed. In days, weeks, months, and years. (:

your story, writing, and love. - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

2 comments:

Andi said...

I've tried to journal a few times and never stick with it. I need to give it a shot.

By the way, I'm about to post an entry with an award for you. :)

Jessica said...

That's so great that you've been journaling again! It makes you feel much more whole since I feel it helps you gain better insight on you are. I especially love journaling about Bible studies I go to! :) Keep it up!