Sundays are football days at our house. My husband is a lifelong 49er fan... and with me being his Mrs. i am a 49er fan as well.
I have always loved cute food! hehe. The first day that i met my husband's family was on St. Patrick's Day. So.. OF COURSE i brought over green mint chocolate chip cookies. My sister has always been a pro with making beautiful, interesting, and totally scrumptious food. (just look at my bridal shower .)
Well, i have been finding some recipes on pinterest that fit the beautiful, interesting, and scrumptious checklist. I figured that Football Sunday would be the perfect day to try. (:
We got up Sunday morning and watched ibethel.tv and listened to a sermon from Kris V. He talked about how everything that we do.. there is something that we are NOT doing.. and to pay attention to what we are NOT doing. It was really good!
Then it was time for the game.. and for me to cook. (:
The first thing i decided to make was pizza rolls. It was sooo easy! (which is also on this new bride's checklist)
2 can refrigerated pizza crust (i got pillsbury)
1 cup sliced pepporoni
1 cup shredded cheese (we used a pack of mozzarella and parmesan)
1/2 cup parmesan (which i just noticed i didnt use lol)
Ragu Sweet Basil Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425
- Dust a large cutting board or wax paper with flour and roll out pizza crust.
- Season each crust with garlic salt and italian seasoning
- Top with cheese and meat
- Starting with a short end, roll crust into a tight log.
- Place on a lightly greased pan and bake for 10-12 minutes
- Serve with Ragu Sweet Basil Sauce
See.. it is sooo easy!
|Pizza dough with the seasonings.|
|Finished the pizza rolls.. and my husband loved them!|
For dessert i made Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries! Also found on Pinterest. (: i got this recipe from The Sweets Life Blog.)
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries:
1 lb large strawberries
8 oz (1 cup) softened cream cheese (i used the whipped kind .. it was easier to work with)
3 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
1 tsp vanilla extract
graham cracker crumbs
- Rinse strawberries and cut the top of the strawberries off. Pit the middle with a paring knife. Prep all strawberries and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Put the mixture in a piping bag or ziplock with the corner cut off.
- Fill strawberries with the mixture and dip the tops in the graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, put in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
Also incredibly easy and absolutely delicious!
|The mixture was soo good! We only did 3 tbsp powdered sugar.|
|They were so so good!|