Saturday, October 15, 2011

The plans for you.

My wonderful husband is home this weekend.. but he is working. boo! Today he had to work at 7:30, so i got up made not-strong-enough coffee and prepared his lunch. (at first i didn't put enough water in the coffee pot so i put more in... and it ended up being to much. hehe. )

I read somewhere (in the plenty of Christian pre-marital books that i own now) about a wife who made her husband lunch everyday and left a little note with a bible verse in it. Of course romance and spirituality melt my heart so i thought that i would maybe start this. (:

Today i made my husbands lunch while he was still sleeping (or at least laying in bed.. because i DOUBT he was sleeping with me making noise in the kitchen). I wrote a simple little note in there BUT my mind went BLANK on a verse.. and i didnt want to go to my bible in the room... because i wanted it to be a surprise. The ONLY verse i could think of was Jeremiah 29:11... but it seems like such a common, over-used verse. But the more i thought about it.. the more i realized that the verse is PERFECT!

"For i know the plans i have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Its powerful, right? Currently my husband works sooooo hard at a job that is not exactly his dream job. I am soo overly proud of him and all that he does. And i trust God that this is in His plan. The Bible tells our family that He has a plan for us... to prosper us.. to give us hope.. when we feel hopeless. We can't always see the entire plan... but i trust the Lord that it is a plan to not harm me and to give me a wonderful future. (:

My encouragement to everyone is that although we cant see the whole picture.. the Lord is at work. And when we feel down, and beat, and like there is no hope in our future... focus on this verse... really think about the meaning. We hear this verse all around and at every single graduation! But keep it in focus.. especially when your life feels like there is no way out and we have no hope - God is working out His plan for us. (:

bright futures, new found hope, and love. - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: