Thursday, March 1, 2012

reacting in weakness

oh how i need grace a lot! from our God. from my friends. my family, especially my husband.

Martin and i have been married for a little over 6 months now and i am learning soo much! Sometimes i get sooo overwhelmed with irritation, or anger, or frustration, or just that my insecurities get the best of me in that moment.
I have said things that i am not proud of.. and most definitely would NEVER repeat. And like clockwork 3 minutes after those words have left my mouth.. i feel the remorse. The sadness that is in my heart because i have tore down my husband with what i have said.
Life and death ARE in the power of the tongue. (proverbs 18:21) and i want to give my husband life and not death!

"And He said, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.'...."
2 Corinthians 12:9

My shortcomings make me sooo glad that i have that grace. That God has given me that kind of grace. I am NOT perfect. I am weak... but in that weakness God's strength is perfect. At times when i fall and stumble i am blessed that i have a God who will reach out His hand for me to grab and get back up. 
I am also blessed that i have a husband who can extend the grace i need from him when i am found in that weakness as well. 
At times i do need to just take that extra 3 seconds... breathe... remember who i am, recall how i want to treat my husband (or a friend, or a waitress, or someone cutting me off in traffic) and respond in love instead of react in weakness. 
This is my prayer:

Lord, thank you for Your grace. Thank you that it is more then enough for me. Father, i pray that when a moment arises where i am about to react in weakness instead of respond in love that i can take a moment and remember who You have called me to be. God, i pray that i can offer this same type of grace to the people around me (especially my loving husband) when they need it. Be my perfect strength. Holy Spirit, guide me. I pray for wives and husbands to discover the grace that is available to them and that they can just yield to you and not have to be stuck feeling weak, because we have a strong God living inside of us. 
In Jesus Name. - AMEN!

grace, and responding in love. - Monica
♥ . ♥ . ♥ 

No comments: