Monday, March 5, 2012

thoughts on the run- slow down

My husband and I just got smart phones. I am still getting used to the keyboard, tons of apps, camera buttons, and all the fan-cay features.

At times I feel like technology is moving way to fast. Once we get used to one phone ... another, faster, more efficient model comes out.

Our generation needs things NOW! Instant popcorn, fast food, lightning speedy internet. I am guilty of the "no waiting" generation. We have e-mails and video chatting to stay in contact with our loved ones. I doubt many relationships would have stayed alive if we had to write letters and be connected through an operator like how it was so long ago.

Because of this super speedy-no wait culture we are in... we expect God to be the same. But He is better then that.

We are called to wait on the Lord. We are called to be patient. We are called to search out the mysteries found in Him.  All of those things take time. A relationship with the Lord isn't a *bing* its done adventure.... it is a slow and steady adventure.

So don't get discouraged if its feeling like God is not answering you fast enough, or you are not on the level you thought you'd be by now... God sends us beautiful letters... not quick e-mail responses.

Learning to slow down and love. -Monica
♥ . ♥ . ♥

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

4 comments:

Andi said...

I love this post. You are just precious.

xxooMonica said...

awh.. thank you sooo incredibly much!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet comment girl ! Glad I found your cute little blog too! You and your hubby are so cute!
And have fun with the smart phones, I am addicted and could never go back now :)

xxooMonica said...

awh.. thank you so much, Britt! that truly delights my heart!!! :) blessings to you and yours!