Good morning lovelies!!! (: (:
I am sitting here on my phone while my puppy naps and my husby plays xbox.
Husby has been sick for almost two weeks!!! He seems to be getting better though. Yay!
The doctor told him to eat softer foods that are easy to digest -- one of those was applesauce.
I had seen a recipe on pinterest for homemade applesauce and I was really excited to try it.
(Sorry that the pictures are at the bottom and probably out of order... I am still blogging from my cellular)
- 8 apples (various types)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- 5 tsp of Brown sugar
- about 1 tsp of cinnamon (I said about because its more for your taste... the original recipe said to use a cinnamon stick and then remove it... but I like my applesauce with cinnamon)
- core, peel, and cube apples
- place Apple slices, cinnamon, lemon juice, lemon peel, and Brown sugar in the crock pot.
- cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally
- after six hours mash the apples (the original recipe said you could blend it to make it smoother.... but I just used a fork so it was chunkier)
- applesauce will last in the fridge for 3 weeks.
Ya'll (that's my southern coming out from living in Alabama for six months) this was soo good! I was actually shocked at how delicious and easy it was!!!
Enjoy and let me know if you try it!
A house smelling like Apple cinnamon and love. - Monica