Friday, November 25, 2011

decking the halls

My husband and i had a wonderful little Thanksgiving just the two of us on Wednesday... followed by Thanksgiving day at my father-in-law's mom's house with the in laws! :)

Tuesday we took out Hank (our tHANKsgiving turkey) at 3pm to defrost for the next day. I guess we missed the surgeon generals warning about defrosting a turkey at room temperature. Apparently you can get food poisoning and even death. We missed that memo. Wednesday morning (after the turkey had been sitting out for a whole 16 hours in the kitchen) my husband read the fine print on the packaging of the bird that said NOT to defrost at room temperature. Needless to say we did NOT eat it. Although our family were saying it was probably fine since it was completely frozen when we took it out...  but we weren't willing to attempt it.

Also Wednesday my sister, niece, and nephew came to visit for a little while. It was great... because i havn't been able to visit in a couple of months! My nephew is 4 and he keeps getting taller and taller!!! :) My niece is gonna be 18 in 2 weeks and she is sooo gorgeous! I love hearing about all her high school stuff and of course boy drama. haha. My husband and i got to have lunch with them and visit for awhile. She also brought me her old Christmas tree! :)
We went to the store to get ANOTHER baby Hank (well just a breast roast actually) and some pie. After 3 short little hours we were eating our very little Thanksgiving dinner.
rolls are not pictured. hehe.
It wasn't much... but it was good for just us two. :) We also had some dutch applie pie. (side note: we bought a cherry pie at the same time... and we put it in the refrigerator instead of the freezer. well... there was red cherry juice all over our food last night! uh oh!)

Before dinner we decided to decorate our cute little tree. So i ran to the Walmart store to grab some little Christmas bulbs. 

The tree already came with lights... which was sooo nice! We put the bulbs all around the tree and i had previously bought my husband 3 little ornaments for his favorite football team. I also bought a gold star to go on top of the tree. 

Our tree is 6 ft tall... so i let my hubby put the star on! See that little sock monkey ornament?! He is soo cute! hehe. 
Here is our finished product! 

I am soooo pleased with it! It really is the perfect size for us! :) Now we just need to get some stockings! hehe. 

Last night we went and had Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws. It was really nice to have all of us together. :) Then we watched the big 49er game. We lost and my hubby wasn't to happy. hehe. 

Christmas decorations, lots of turkey, and love. - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: