Saturday, November 12, 2011

taking a walk

My husband woke up me at 7:30am today.
Other times when i wake up at 7:30 in the AM (on my day off) i want to get mad and throw a fit that i am not still sleeping.... but today i sprung up slowly sat up and got ready for an adventure with my hubby.

Of course we first stopped at Starbucks and got another complicated order. I got my usual (1 pump vanilla pumpkin spice latte with nonfat milk) and he got a venti pike place with white mocha, peppermint, and cream.

With our deliciousness we went to the prayer chapel at our church to read and pray. OHHH... it was sooo wonderful!


After we spent some time there we dropped off the car and went to walk the river trail. I have been telling my husband that i want to get back into shape. I was my thinnest (and most in shape) at our wedding... and although we have only been married for almost 3 months... i would like to get back to it.

So today was the first day (of i am sure many days) of walking. Luckily our walk was very scenic and it gave us great opportunity to talk.


We even walked closer to the river to look around. The water was sooo fast!


Even the walk back to car was decorated with all the colors of fall. Oranges, yellows, reds. This is my favorite season! I just need to buy a warm headband thing.. because my ears were freezing! My chest also felt like it was on fire after walking up Mt Everest (okay.. so it was just a hill that my husband did some crazy foot work [he calls it the "karaoke drill"] up while i struggled to power walk).


Overall (aside from the fire in my lungs, my ears feeling like ice, and an occasional leg cramp) it was a PERFECT morning with my husband! I hope to have many more like this (and that it gets easier).

beautiful fall colors, athletic goals, and love. - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: