... ME! hehe. Thanks to the lovely Whitney at Sippy Cups and Pearls.
Whitney nominated me for The Liebster Blog Award.
Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that have been posted by the people who gave you the award
3. Create 11 questions you want you nominees to answer.
4. Pass this award on to a maximim of 11 blogs.
5. Let them know that you've given them the award.
Here are 11 things about me:
1. I ADORE journaling! I love it and it just helps me to process, reflect, and pray. (:
2. I love italian food. Pasta. Bread. Garlic. Mmmm!
3. I cannot feel settled to do anything if the kitchen is dirty. I HAVE to clean it.
4. I am a talker. I love to talk to friends and share life together.
5. When I was little I was in baton. lol. hehe.
6. I changed my e-mail to my married name before we got married. I just couldn't wait!
7. Growing up my church was like 20 people.
8. I do not like to drink milk.... if I do drink it I have to drink it super fast when it is ice cold.
9. If a food has a strange texture... I do not want to eat it. Prosciutto is an example.
10. When I was about 6 or 7 yrs old there was a biblical program on Easter on TV and every commercial break they gave people opportunities to give their life to the Lord -- I thought I had to do it every single commercial.
11. I do not really wear makeup in high school.
Here are the 11 questions Whitney asked me.
1. Go ahead and tell us an embarrassing story, we want to laugh!
- In my home town it snows a lot and the streets ice over. One day I was walking on my lunch break in my cheer uniform and slipped and fell straight on my bum!!! Skirt flew up and everything.
2. What's your favorite place you have traveled thus far?
Hubby and I have traveled quite a bit in this move... and I really wish that we could have stayed at the places longer then a day..... but I think my favorite place so far has been..... maybe Flagstaff, AZ just because we had fun. (: We went to a great Mexican restaurant and our hotel was really nice! It was fun going from Southern California to all the rockiness and stuff. Fun.
3. Tell us real quick your favorite holiday and the traditions you enjoy with it.
I think my favorite holiday would be Christmas. (: I have ALWAYS loved the stockings the most! Our family would all go to my Gram's house and eat and open presents. I loved it. I am excited to start some traditions with Martin too. I want to open one present on Christmas Eve (we always did that in our family), have a hot chocolate bar, and then read the Christmas story from the Bible. (: I am hoping to start it this year!
4. What's your favorite movie?
Gosh... I feel like there are so many! hehe. I really really like Pride and Prejudice. AAANNNDD House Bunny... its not a wholesome movie or anything.. but it can always make me laugh. hehe.
5. 100 degrees in the beach, or 40 degrees in the mountains?
Okay.. I NEVER thought I would say this.... but I think I would rather be 40 degrees in the mountains!!! Growing up in the mountains and HATING snow I thought I would always want to live at the beach...... but being in Alabama humidity for the past 5 months has taught me that I would rather live in a place that is cooler. When I am overheated I just.get.annoyed! When I am cold.. I get snuggly. hehe.
6. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since July 2009... honestly I erased MOST of my earlier posts and started over after I was engaged on April 11, 2011 . That is when I started blog more and more.
This was my first published post in September 2009.
7. Whats your favorite season?
BY FAR it is fall!!! I love boots. scarves. crisp air. anything pumpkin. oranges and reds. cinnamon. Mmmm.. I love it all.
8. Here's $2,000. Where are you going shopping?
Is target a lame answer?? haha. I would want to shop for my home... cute decorative things and little furniture... and maybe Pier One. I would definitely spend it on my home though. Maybe a couple hundred to my love to buy clothes.
9. Favorite childhood memory.
My favorite childhood memory would probably be dressing up with my Gram's friend. I dressed up in silly clothes and put make up ALL OVER my face. hehe
10. What's your favorite song to dance to?
Justin Bieber! no shame. hehe
11. How did you come up with your blog name?
Captivated means to hold the attention or interest of something.... and I thought that I always wanted to keep my attention on the things that I love. My blog was originally "Constantly Captivated" but I changed it to "Captivated By Love" shortly after. I wanted to use my blog as a journal to write down the things that captivated my attention. (:
Here is who I am nominating!
- Liza at Preparing For Eternity
- Jennifer at One43
- Jessie at Coming from a place of YES & everything inbetween
- Andrea at [Iron] Bowled Over
Questions for you ladies.
1. What is your dream day? Anything.. money is not a problem.
2. When you were little... what did you want to grow up to be?
3. What is your favorite holiday and the traditions that go with it?
4. What is your least favorite chore?
5. What was the last thing you did for the first time?
6. Where would you travel if you could go anywhere?
7. Favorite memory?
8. How did you come up with your blog name?
9. Do you stay up late or wake up early?
10. What is your favorite restaurant... and the favorite meal there?
11. How was your first kiss with your hubby?
awards and love. - Monica
♥ . ♥ . ♥