Thursday, August 2, 2012

choosing joy

via pinterest


I love this simple quote.
 
Sometimes we really need to SAY this out loud in order to follow through with it.

With everything that can be going on around you.. it can be really hard to see the happiness. Personal issues. Relationship problems. Family drama. Media! (I mean watching the news is filled with negativity... Chic-fil-A anyone?) Its easy to lose that joy and turn your focus on the craziness around you.

We can be affected by all those bad thoughts and it can ruin our mood. We tend to take it out on others and then the joy is no where to be found.

"You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11 (NKJV)

  The Word tells us that joy is found in the presence of the Lord. Not just joy.. but FULLNESS of joy. Fullness means 'completely filled, containing all that can be held' [reference].
When we lose that joy, we can turn to the Lord's presence and be filled again. 

The alarm that goes off at 4:45 in the am for my husband says "choose joy today." We have to make that choice. We have to actively CHOOSE to look at life with joy and get that joy from the presence of the Lord. 
Life is not always smiles and rainbows... bad things happen. Precious babies go home to the Lord earlier then expected. Someone  takes another person's life. Natural disasters. Recession. Confusion. Frustration. Anger. Sadness. These things happen. They are inevitable in life. At times we have to dig a little bit deeper to find that joy. 

But lets choose joy. Lets spread joy. Even in the worst circumstances lets go to the presence of the Lord and get filled with the joy.  

choosing joy and love. - Mrs. V
♥ . ♥ . ♥ 

Also make sure to check out my new facebook page. (:

facebook love

3 comments:

henning love said...

what a great reminder! thanks for sharing that and the Bible verse as well, I needed that.

Jenn @ Party of One said...

I like this a lot! Sometimes (read: A LOT OF THE TIME) it's hard for me to be HAPPY. Something I'm learning though is the difference between being happy and finding joy. I can always find joy and good in the things around me- even if I can get myself to 'happy' at that moment. Thanks for the motivation and encouragement to chose joy!

Unknown said...

way to be such an encouragement to others! you are dead on with this girl! keep speaking that truth! and go Jesus!!!!