Thursday, December 15, 2011

what do you want to be known for?

So.. first off.. i did participate in the Lovely Perk-up the other day... but i worked so i was in my work uniform. hehe. But i wore my hair down and did my makeup. No pics tho. i promise to get better at it. (;

Lately i have been thinking a lot about what i want to be known for. When people think about who i am.. what do they think about? When strangers meet me.. what is their first impression of me?

I started seriously thinking about what i WANT to be known for. I want to be known for my love. For my kindness. For my never-failing faith. For my laughter. For my joy. For my tangible peace that i carry. For my love for my husband and (future) children. I want to be known as a strong woman of God.

A lot of people will ask a question like "what will be written on your tombstone?" I have been thinking about it even MORE. What do i want to be known for RIGHT NOW? What kind of life do what i want live right now? I want to start living with those questions. What is my legacy? What am i leaving behind?

In the book i am re-reading (Feminine Appeal) i read something that has impacted me greatly. The author wrote that "people don't necessarily want to know what we believe in the Bible. They want to SEE if what we BELIEVE makes a difference in our lives.... Our actions either bring honor to God or misrepresent His truth."

Wow... such powerful words! So true. I want to beautifully represent His truth and bring honor to God. That is my heart. I know that it isnt always easy... and i am sooo grateful that i have a Savior to guide me along the way. 

So what do you want to be known for? Have you ever thought about it?

joy, peace, and love. - M

♥ . ♥ . ♥

No comments: