Thursday, December 1, 2011

spicy chicken

On the menu for this lovely Thursday day off: homemade buffalo chicken strips! yummy for my hubby's tummy!!!

So.. what we have in the freezer (meat wise) is either chicken breast of steak. Since i am still learning a lot about cooking different dishes (and we still have a LIMITED amount of ingredients in the house) sometimes it is hard to figure out what to cook. Today we decided to use the Franks Hot Sauce that my husband bought.
Excuse me now for the not accurate measurements... i found a recipe but didn't have all the ingredients so i just went with it. hehe.

I took my chicken breast and cut it in little strips (not too thick). I made a mixture of flour and italian bread crumbs. (1 part to 1 part) I added about 2 tsp of garlic salt, uh... maybe like 1/2 tbsp of paprika, and some pepper. i took 2 eggs and wisked them... dipped the chicken in the egg and then coated with the mixture.
I heated up some oil in a frying pan and place about 5 chicken strips at a time in it. I cooked it for about... 5 minutes on each side.
Then i grabbed my Franks hot sauce and heated it in the micro for about 1 minute.
After the chicken was all nice and cooked i put them in the Hot Sauce.
I cooked the rest and soaked them in the very spicy sauce and served to my hubby! hehe. :)
My husband said they are his new favorite and is looking forward to them for football Sunday. hehe

I am not a HUGE spicy lover.... so i made some of the chicken strips and did not put them in the Frank's.. and i just dipped them in barbeque sauce. They were still really good chicken strips! :)

It was a very quick, easy, delicious dinner with not a lot of ingredients. The flour mixture in the recipe called for more spices then what i had (no breadcrumbs, garlic powder [i only had garlic salt], and cayenne pepper), but it was still delicious! Its one of those recipes that you could have changed or switched out ingredients. Which is sooo helpful for me in my not-so-stocked kitchen.

Dessert was ice cream. yummy! :) We needed something cool for our hot mouths! hehe.

spiciness, easy dinners, and love. - M

♥ . ♥. ♥

No comments: